Topic: [BRAWL 2018] LEGO The Cure | BRAWL 2018 Entry

Directory Link

LEGO The Cure | BRAWL 2018 Entry

Link 1

(NOTE): I'm open to any suggestions and constructive criticism for this video! :-)
---------------------------------------------
"Brotherhood means laying down your life for somebody, really willing to sacrifice yourself for somebody else." - Tim Hetherington

This stop-motion, made with the Stop Motion Studio iPhone application and Windows Movie Maker, was entered into the BRAWL 2018 LEGO competition on the BricksInMotion website. (Hehe - this brickfilm is DEFINITELY different compared to my previous animations).

What is BRAWL?
Brickfilm Rapidly All Week Long or BRAWL is a contest in which you have exactly one week to write, animate, edit, and submit a brickfilm. (However, my tight summer schedule granted me only 1/2 of the given time to work on it).

CREDITS:
The stop-motion was directed, animated, written, and edited solely by high school student Ryne Dunman.

MUSIC: ("Panic Man 3") By @FesliyanStudios
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB3lG...
(Go check him out! His compositions are perfect for establishing that cinematic feeling) ;-D

Re: [BRAWL 2018] LEGO The Cure | BRAWL 2018 Entry

Please give any honest opinions and suggestions, so that I can improve my next stop motion! mini/smile

Please, especially if you are rating poorly, tell me what I can do to improve upon my stop-motioning.

I liked it a lot. The animation, coupled with some interesting set design, was very smooth and pleasing to the eye. As far as critique, there isn't a whole lot to criticize here. Of course, we can all find things to improve in our films, but I think you have a pretty solid style going for you here. One thing that bothered me, however, was the post-camera movement. I felt that it was a bit overused.

Overall great job! mini/smile

I agree with Shawarma, you've got a lot of things going right stylistically, but there's an over use of post-camera movement.

Camera movement can strengthen or weaken a shot. The speed of movement, the type of movement, and--VERY IMPORTANT--the purpose of the movement, as well as its juxtaposition to other shots that either move or don't move all affect that strengthening and weakening. If you have six camera shots and five are shaky-cam style, it makes that one shot that is static, that much more powerful in its imagery.

Also, when you put visual images together it's important to have visual rhyming to link things together and pull it all together. Visual rhyming can be all sorts of things, even just the color scheme in the shots on screen. (The Matrix was green, making the real world colors significantly more "real")

The individual shots themselves are excellent, the pacing is good, the music works well. You've done a lot of great things with it. Well done sir!

http://orig13.deviantart.net/3968/f/2017/197/d/c/faaf_logo_4_1_by_orignl_ninja_knight-dbglsld.png